Re: Can we get an official fedora position on OpenH264?

On 11/04/2013 01:22 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
If Fedora is not going to implement (or remove) the ability for Firefox
the ability to download the OpenH264 binary from Cisco, this might affect
the decision to have H.264 as a mandatory to implement codec for WebRTC.
It has been suggested that it might help Fedora to comment on the project's
position on the WebRTC's mailing list, particularly as it is looking more
likely for H.264 to be mandatory now that Cisco is going to provide a
binary implementation free of cost when downloaded directly from Cisco.

Either the implementation is free (and unencumbered) and can be included in fedora... or it isn't.

Several people have stated that Fedora will not allow this

not allow what exactly? The ability to automatically download/install this? If so, I think a citation is needed... While distasteful, offhand I can't think of or find any policy disallowing it.

(I mean firefox *now* already offers the ability to find/install non-free plugins, no?)

-- Rex