Re: Board/Project Governance

On Sep 6, 2013 7:20 AM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/06/2013 10:45 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Given that the hiring apparatus within Red Hat is still in the habbit of inventing position within the project and placing people outside the community within it, something I thought had been successfully dealt with and buried in the past within Red Hat, I have to say as long as these representatives aren't RH employees with the exception of the FPL it might work.
> JBG

If a subcommunity wants to appoint someone to represent them, they should have authority in that choice.  I would be against arbitrarily restricting the communities' choice of representative based on any employer, Red Hat or otherwise.

Appointment from outside the community of someone that does not participate in the group they represent is a different issue, and not one that appears to be a part of this proposal.

--Pete