Re: Production of Fedora T-Shirts

On 27/08/13 21:55, Jared N. Contrascere wrote:
Hello,

I'm with LibreTees, a recently-launched project that promotes free/open
software through consumer and commodity activism. This is similar to the
idea behind (RED)-branded products being sold to help fight AIDS, or
people buying a Toyota Prius to encourage a lesser negative impact on
the environment.

We want to sell t-shirts in one place on the Internet that promotes and
benefits the free/open source community. In addition to that, we want to
contribute funds back to these projects to cover hosting fees and other
project-related costs. Further, we want to have a positive impact on our
local community in Washington, DC.

We currently have a Kickstarter campaign in progress, and we are very
interested in producing a Fedora shirt for display and sale on our
Kickstarter site. This campaign can currently be viewed at
www.libretees.com <http://www.libretees.com/>.

Please let me know if we could have permission to create promotional
wear/materials for Fedora. If you have any questions for me, please let
me know!

Best,
Jared

Jared,

THis issue has come up a number of times, and as Fedora is mainly sponsored by Red Hat, with some very kind further sponsorship from some Data Centers, it is unlikely that we will ever have Fedora goods for sale, even though your funds would go back to the community effort.

So, despite all that, your proposal sounds interesting enough, so I would request you open a ticket with the Fedora Board, and then attend a board meeting to make your case.

Please check https://fedorahosted.org/board/ for futher information on how to contact the Fedora board (they can then also liason with Legal, if required). I hope this was helpful to you.

Should you have any other queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Tristan Santore

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx