Re: Dedicating the next release to Seth Vidal

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Brian Pepple
<bpepple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 11:26 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> I also wanted to float the idea of changing the codename of Fedora 20
>> to something related to biking or other interests of Seth since that
>> has been floated in several places already.  We might choose to add it
>> as an option and let the community vote instead of hand picking
>> something as well.  Thanks!
>
> I'm for all your suggestions, Rahul. I'd be fine with laying aside our
> release name rules, and have the codename for F20 being 'Vidal' or
> something else to honor Seth.

The Board discussed this yesterday.  We will be dedicating the F20
release to Seth.  The release name will remain a voted on option from
the previously submitted candidate names.

If anything, Seth would have said to drop release names entirely and
just call it F20.

josh