Re: Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

I think that arguing incessantly about the naming process opens Fedora
up to more ridicule than the names it has produced.

While I've heard folks groan about the Fedora names, I don't think
I've ever heard anyone "ridicule" Fedora for its names.

I've seen this discussion about names pop up multiple times, but it
only seems to enjoy support from a small number of folks who don't
like some of the names picked. Maybe it's time to drop it and accept
that the current system, while not perfect, doesn't need to be
modified or killed.
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier

Joe,
I have voiced support for killing all names entirely and only going with numbers. The lwn article cites me in that. I am not upset about the current names I honestly do not remember them for more than the day they are announced, typically. I only care about the waste of time and the noise generated by the naming discussion.

So - there you have it someone who supports doing away with the naming who is not upset about the named picked.

-sv