Re: Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:11:22 -0400,
  Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a start at some suggestions for naming schemes, anybody feel free
to add:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Suggestions_for_Fedora_Codename_Theme

I am not sure we'd even want to limit it to one of these categories.

The 'is a' process has give us a lot of names that I don't think were
very good. (Though I did like Verne and what the design team did for the
art work, and I thought Beefy miracle pretty much just circumvented
the 'is a' process.)

I think having names that inspire cool art work, are memorable and have a
positive connotation are good for Fedora. It would also be nice to have
a fun way to choose them that would make contributors feel more vested
in the project. I don't think the 'is a' process has resulted in consistant
good pools of names.