Re: FUDcon Board Meeting

On 01/19/2012 12:41 AM, David Nalley wrote:

> From my POV the move in question doesn't necessarily achieve anything
> in the vision or further Fedora's goals.

We disagree on that.  Point 1 and 2 in the vision requires open tools.
Privacy is a important corollary to 3 in the vision statement.  Vision
statements don't mean much without any followup actions. I cannot name
even one.

> This isn't a case of the board skipping out on it's responsibility
> IMO, but rather the board trying to stay out of the way and not
> wanting to micromanage every last decision to be made.

Perhaps. I think the board has ventured too far out of taking on any
responsibility and I would prefer to see a much more active board.  To
be accused of micro managing, one needs to manage in the first place.

Rahul