Re: New trademark approval policy

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, David Nalley wrote:

> There is no approval (Board or otherwise) needed for virt images based
> on Spot's email earlier and the Trademark guidelines. Moreover, in
> practice, companies are routinely creating templates/images of Fedora
> instances without oversight or any more permission than what the
> trademark guidelines provide. So if it's easier for us to generate a
> different LiveCD ISO than a virt image/template for EC2 then why do we
> make the process for Spins so onerous?

I worry that we're using the Trademark Guidlines as a means of imposing
artifical scarcity of resources.

I want to get at the difference between where something is DECIDED or
DETERMINED and where it is VERIFIED or BLESSED.

Help me fill in the blanks below, please.

* The contents of the kickstart file is DETERMINED by ???? and the
contents of that kickstart file are BLESSED by ????

* The tools and process by which the kickstart file is turned into an
ISO is determined by ???? and BLESSED by ????

* The actual running of those tools and following of that process is
done by ???? and VERIFIED by ????

==

I think this next question is related, but I'm having a hard time
drawing the line from the above to it, so I'll just throw it out here.

There is a difference between "an official Fedora spin" and "a spin of
Fedora that follows the trademark guidelines".

Which is Fedora on [EC2/Linode/some-cloud-provider]?  It's the second.
Right?

--Max