Re: fedoracommunity.org domain requests outstanding

On 1/24/11, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday, January 23, 2011, Gerard Braad <gbraad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> fedorachinese.org for now.
> Wow, a new domain registered. Can you guys just work on fedora-zh.org?
> Trust me, a list of links will not work: we tried it in the
> http://fedora.cn era. Such a yellow page website is too simple for a
> regional org.
>
> The problem with all of us is not sufficient fund. I think
> http://fedora-zh.org could be better if those guys that write articles
> can get something in return. But currently, they are losing something
> instead. Do you think so?
> --
> bbbush ^_^

Hi bbbush,

the page is not finished and will initially act as a placeholder with
information for new-comers. of course we are open to ideas. I have
already replied you with another email to reconsider some concerns we
had. yes, gladly we would like to see this being part of
fedora-zh.org, but as the current situation should also be known to
you, this website is not available to Chinese within China.

Unfortunately we can not pay for articles people write. it is IMHO not
the correct incentive for people to get things done and join the
community. but hopefully someone can prove me wrong on this. at the
moment we have a bunch of talented community members that act out of
passion and we hope concentrating these efforts close to the actual
project will help them.

the page at the moment serves as a mockup, but regional initiative
should be stimulates by organizing FAD's and participating in LUG's.
when we publish them on a easy to find website we can help them with
exposure and/or the glossary made by several of our members can be
part of a localized 'join Fedora' section.

kind regards,

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad â åæå