Re: Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

From: Jared K. Smith [mailto:jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: Fedora community advisory board [mailto:advisory-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:18:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM, David Riches <david.r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> afaik, isolinux can do the same job that grub is currently doing, because
> its not attempting to chainload the isos. I'm happy to test it tomorrow
> though.

Please try that -- I think that would make several of us more
comfortable, both from a "failure to boot" and an "easier to make look
good" perspective.
Seems to work fine, I haven't gone through the liveinst procedure, but realistically these are booting in exactly the same way as a conventional live image, just with a subtle change to the boot argument (notably live_dir=foo)

http://dcr226.fedorapeople.org/Screenshot-1.png

Regards

Dave

--