Re: Proposal for the new Fedora Project

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So what am I proposing? ÂI think Fedora should slowly transition itself to
>> be similar to how the Apache Software Foundation is setup. ÂWe should put
>> more resources into fedorahosted and grow it. Â(Perhaps our new
>> infrastructure lead would agree? Â;) Âbut the infrastructure is only one
>> tiny part of it. ÂWe build these applications, get communities around them
>> then let OTHERS actually run them. ÂWe'd need engineering coordinators,
>> architects, planners. ÂNot just from Red Hat but from other major
>> stakeholders as well. ÂWe create these tools for others.

I would very much agree with this POV.

Although it does not need to be just focussed on internet use: One of
the tools requested could be a way to convert Wiki to a printable
form. TOSW is one of the projects which would like to have an easy way
to create PDF-like material from the wiki content.

but I think providing community tools for Fedora are also important to
drive a Web-centric view towards Fedora. Around this we can create
other stuff...

What about having Fedora web tools on your Web-enabled TV? Which might
in the future run the MeeGo TV UX on your Fedora distro ;-)

--
Gerard Braad â åæå
ÂÂ Project-lead Fedora-MIPS