Re: A vision statement

On 08/18/2010 03:27 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Updated based on conversation on my bus ride home....
>
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 18:01 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> VISION (What we're working towards)
>>
>> The Fedora Project strives towards a world in which computers fueled
>> primarily by free&  open source software, both client and server, and
>> content improve the lives of users all over the world.
>
> The Fedora Project envisions a widely-adopted and thriving free&  open
> source software ecosystem improving users' lives worldwide.

I like the part about "user's lives", showing we try to make something
for "normal" people too, not only obscure server stuff, as we are often
categorized (I believe this was your intention with "client and server"
in the initial version, but "users" is more straightforward).

I know we talk about community in the mission statement, but do you
think is possible to fit somehow the community part in the vision too?