Re: Appointment of Board Members.

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> On 08/16/2010 04:56 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 01:15:42PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >>
> >> The problem I see is that for many situations there is little
> >> difference between the two. While the Board is something like a People
> >> Engineering Steering Committee it is hard to separate Distribution
> >> from People at times. And without a formal charter of where things
> >> line, both groups spend a lot of time throwing issues back and forth
> >> because they don't feel its their ball but the other guys. [Even with
> >> a formal charter this will happen.. just look at how every government
> >> throws stuff from Legislative to Executive to Judicial and back
> >> again.]
> >>
> > +1.
>
> FWIW, I proposed formally chartering and separating the responsibilities
> between these groups a LONG LONG time ago, and was told that it was
> unnecessary.
>
> I would happily support such an effort now.

My only concern here is that it seems FESCo as an org is focused on a
lot of day to day work and technical problem solving.  Those needs require
a highly technical group like FESCo to think and discuss.  But I don't
ever remember seeing FESCo coming out with goals, long term plans and the
like.  Meanwhile I think the board has realized this and tried to fill in
those holes.  If FESCo has been working on those things and I didn't
realize it please correct me.

	-Mike