Re: Appointment of Board Members.

> On 08/17/2010 12:02 AM, seth vidal wrote:
> > So what's the point in de-centralizing it? What do we get out of it?
>
> Let me reverse that question.  What does Red Hat get out of employing
> the Fedora Project leader and having the person have veto rights over
> the board?

The ability to make sure the FPL doesn't go off the reservation?

The ability to make sure that crazy people don't end up as FPL and cause
unmanageable havoc? It's not really that crazy to think of someone
unbalanced but perhaps charismatic getting elected. I can think of a
couple of people in the fedora community who, if elected, would end up
destroying everything within a year at most. And they might be able to
promise enough guns and butter to get elected.

There's no shortage of democratically elected sociopaths, hell, we've
had a few elected to various organizations in fedora already. It's
possible I'm even ONE OF THEM. :)

> What would Red Hat lose by giving up on the veto power?  The
> benefit to losing the power is that others vendors and the volunteer
> community would feel more in control.

Oh cmon... other vendors? Really?

-sv