Re: proposal for the board: planet fedora != fedora people

I think it's overkill - but that's just my opinion, of course.

Also my opinion, that I thank you for expressing.  :)

What
is our percentage rate or rate of "incidents?"  If we were having one
a day, or one a week, I think that would be one thing.  And despite
any guidelines we have, or boxes people need to check - mistakes will
be made, and I'd venture to guess those mistakes would occur at
approximately the same rate that "incidents" currently do. Worse, the
mistake would probably be made more often such that people would
forget to tag really good content with the Fedora tag.  So what do we
gain? We have a main page, per the original proposal, that has far
less content, probably content missed because people aren't
remembering to tag things, and a separate page highlighting non-Fedora
things that community members are writing about - some of which are
VERY interesting, and really, make us feel more like a community than
a bunch of Fedora-writing-robots- which just winds up getting not read
anywhere near as much as they would as if, say, things stayed as they
are currently?

+1.  This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  A policy change that is unlikely to have the "positive" effects some hope for, and may have negative effects that Robin describes.

--g