Re: #fedora and freenode registration

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Paul Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, at least for now we have setup #fedora with mode +r, which requires
people to be registered with freenode to join the channel. If they are
NOT registered, it redirects them to #fedora-unregistered. There we
have folks and topic and join message to explain to them how to
register and what they need to do to get on the #fedora channel.

FYI, #centos is doing the same thing now - I found out when my client joined channels prior to identifying with nickserv during yesterday's fiasco. It's an ongoing issue with multiple channels on freenode, unfortunately.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution to me.