Re: ambassadors "conflict of interest"

On 12/07/2009 08:41 AM, Michael Tiemann wrote:
Gianluca Sforna wrote:
Please accept my apologies if this is not the proper place to ask.

I've never read anything against this, so I'm wondering if it was ever
brought up at all.

Are Fedora ambassadors allowed to also be <put your alternate distro
name here> ambassadors?
I think it's problematic. I think that Fedora ambassadors should
high-value, trusted opinion-leaders, and should embody the energy and
excitement of the Fedora project. Somebody who tries to act as a higher
authority of why one would want to use Distribution X or Y for a given
situation, instead of encouraging people outside the community or inside
of it to make Fedora the best distribution for the task in question, are
not being true ambassadors.

I agree wholeheartedly.

One of the distinctive things Fedora brings to the table is our uncompromising values of 100% free and open source high quality software. Telling people about Fedora's values and then going around and telling other people to download something which conflicts with our core values (e.g. because they ship certain codecs/drivers) severely demerits our messaging.