Re: Upcoming Fedora elections

On 11/08/2009 09:40 PM, inode0 wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM, John Poelstra<poelstra@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 10/26/2009 03:15 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

I believe the Fedora 13 naming election will be happening
significantly before FUDCon, so that we can announce the new name at
the event.  Although that's not technically a requirement, and can be
dropped if desired, it's a little bit of extra fun.  Names would be
collected around the second week in November and a vote around the end
of the month.

I stubbed out the schedule for Fedora 13.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_13#Naming_Schedule

Thanks John. I have been asked to consider having the voting period
for this election include a full weekend. Would this work for you as
well?  Would this be ok with the legal review needs?

     *  Name collection: November 10 to November 16
     * List to Fedora Board: November 16 to November 21
     * Legal Review of Board approved names: November 21 to November 28
     * Community vote on final name: November 28 to December 4
     * Name announced: December 5, 2009

John

That seems fine to me. One thing some people might raise (which I don't think matters) is that Fedora 12 won't be released before we start on a name for Fedora 13. The original dates were drafted before Fedora 12 slipped.

This also shorts the legal review by three work days which might cause problems.... might not. It's hard to know how much the "weekend" buys in this case because it is a holiday weekend in the US.

John P