Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On 10/09/2009 12:32 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
Another example of a positioning model that I am unsure if anyone
follows - what if Fedora *is* the default spin, and the other spins were
posed primarily as 'content packs' that you can load onto the default
Fedora (still keeping the bootable spin images, but they aren't center
stage as much as the spin content itself.)

What I would like to see come out of this discussion is a better story
around the relationships and positioning of the elements of Fedora. I
think right now we've got a bit of a messy smorgasbord. :-/ I would like
to see us explore other models of refining and presenting our menu and
some discussion around which models support our goals and values as a
community.

Here's my poor attempt at drawing up a diagram of one possible model...

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/fedora-model-1.png

What do you think? Are there other models we can sketch up?

~m