Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, John Poelstra wrote:

My first sense was that you were trolling the board, trying to make an unspoken point, or trying to steer the board towards a certain (uncomfortable) place. So before assuming any longer, are there other intentions behind this suggestion? :-)

No. But are you going to believe me anyway? apparently not.

It seems haphazard to make this switch simply because:
 a) the board decides
 b) it shows the spins process works
 c) it won't hurt anyone.

I don't grok this at all. What's haphazard about testing our processes in a way that won't hurt anyone? It seems like the antithesis of haphazard.

I would make this decision more on the merits of how it meets the needs of the targeted audience.
 a) Who do you believe Fedora's target audience is?
b) How would rotating spins every release better meet the needs of that audience?

1. no one said anything about (b) at all
2. what are you talking about with a?

-sv