Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Christopher Aillon wrote:

The Board has already acknowledged this when we made the desktop spin the default. We cited pretty much every point you made; both proposals that were brought to the table (one by Spot and one by myself) explicitly mentioned all those points).

The discussion from today has shown that we believe the spins to be a way of fitting anyone's needs into fedora. To allowing everyone to be involved and get what they want out of fedora. I asked this question about the default spin being changed to xfce or kde to point out that if our spins are equal among themselves - especially the desktop-oriented ones - then we should choose a different default spin for a release to see how that goes.

If, as you're saying, that the spins process is not about equals then why do we keep pointing to it as a solution when someone wants to do something else?

I don't think it can be both ways at the same time.

-sv