Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On 10/08/2009 05:10 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 16:04 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Adam Jackson wrote:
The fallacy here is the implication that any given Fedora spin is
equivalent to an unqualified "Fedora".

It's not? I thought all fedora spins had to be 'fedora'. And why is the
kde or xfce spin necessarily less 'fedora' than any other? Isn't it that
way by the decision of the board?

They have to be Fedora in that they have to be composed from bits that
are in Fedora CVS, sure.

If you're trying to get me to say that some spins are more equal than
others: some spins are more equal than others.I think that's manifest
from history, and from the amount of developer effort present in the
various spins.  I think that explicit acknowledgement of this is a
positive thing for the distribution and the project.

The Board has already acknowledged this when we made the desktop spin the default. We cited pretty much every point you made; both proposals that were brought to the table (one by Spot and one by myself) explicitly mentioned all those points).

I think we should bring back codeina so we'd have something to do other than keep answering the same questions over and over in different ways...