Re: Fedora's Core Purposes

Rex Dieter wrote:
John Poelstra wrote:
I was recently reviewing this page and a number of other pages that talk about the Fedora Project (not our the Fedora distribution)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives

I'm working a blog post that provides more detail on this. In the meantime, I think this page could be broken into three primary purposes and each of the bullets merged under those purposes.

1) Building and releasing a distribution
2) Building communities
3) Furthering the science (methodologies) and practice of building communities

I think it is important that we place a tight limit on the number of *core* purposes. Is there anything else that the Fedora Project does that could not be captured under these three headings?

Heck, couldn't 3 and 2 be merged?

and consider adding:
furthering ... blah blah... of FLOSS ? though could even go a step further and not limit it to just software, but include content (CC and all that) as well.

On second thought, following the same logic, this could be considered part of 1 I guess, though a distribution may be just a natural consequence of achieving/following the FLOSS goal.

-- Rex