Re: Mailing lists

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:02:27PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi,

A number of Fedora mailing lists have very outdated descriptions including references to "Fedora Core". Is anyone responsible for making sure that the descriptions of all the mailing lists are up2date and generally taking care of them?

The wiki could use some more attention as well. FESCo is still posting updates to wiki pages under the Extras hierarchy for example.

Why is any of that fedora-advisory-board material?

I think the disorganization of mailing lists is a project wide concern and we have discussed it in here before. Knowing who, if anybody is taking care of it, would help choose a more direct venue perhaps.

As for the wiki, it's a wiki.  Fix it.  If it bothers you but you aren't
bothered enough to actually fix it, why would anyone else?

You are probably not remembering the history here. Feel free to look up list archives. I did most of the renames of the pages during the core-extras merge and there was some concerns expressed in this list that it was overstepping FESCo's domain and that's the reason I don't do it anymore.

Rahul