Re: bug triage considered useful?

There are ongoing issues with the bug-triaging workflow.

I can observe how triagers (or arbitrary bugzilla users with the
appropriate privileges) set tickets from NEW to ASSIGNED only for
the assignee to switch back to NEW.  My bet is that hardly any
package maintainer is aware of the triaging procedure.