Re: Fedora Project Board Recap 2008-07-29

John Poelstra wrote:
Jon Stanley said the following on 08/02/2008 11:56 AM Pacific Time:
On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could have sworn that the feature process this time around would
generate a tracking bug for each feature, which would then be attached
to the release blocker bug, providing a very easy breakdown of release
threatening bugs by feature.

Yeah, I thought so too. Whose responsibility is it to create the
tracker? The feature owner? FESCo once the feature is approved?  The
Feature Wrangler at some point? I think that the problem here is that
we set down a guideline without specifying clear procedures as to how
to implement that guideline, so everyone thinks that the "other guy"
is doing it.

I agreed to create the tracking bug for features that were accepted during the feature policy review for Fedora 10.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page....

I will create a new bug for the associated component and assign a keyword of "Tracking" and have it block the F10Beta and F10 Blocker? Does this make sense?

Well, for it to even become a feature, it needs to go through the Proposed Feature process and be ACK'ed by FESCo, for which it needs the Board's trademark approval, right?

It just got through that first stage, is what I'm thinking.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip