Re: Board term limits

Luis Villa wrote:
It seems to me that a term limit would just get a different set of
full-timers on the board. If full-timers are the problem (and I agree
that they might be) you might consider instead a cap on the number of
people who work on fedora full time. The GNOME Board does something
similar (no more than 40% of seats be held by any one company) and it
seems to work pretty well for us.

In the event that more than 40% of the Board's elected membership is from one company, how do you bring it down to 40%?

My big concern is that there are many parts of Red Hat which have legitimate reasons to want to have some board membership, and having the full-timers who are most in the public eye get the popularity vote is pretty unfair to people from the RHEL, JBoss, etc. groups who may wish to participate.