Re: New Fedora Privacy Policy

On 2008-07-17 10:19:53 AM, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > Is that really practical for 1) account name 2) e-mail address? I'm
> > not seeing how we can get out of the account name being public, at
> > least.
>
> That's a good point, I've pulled account name out of the list. It isn't
> a personal identifier, so we don't need to list it there.
>
> Email address refers to the email address you give us, not the
> username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx one.
A big +1 for taking email address out of the list as well.  I don't
think it is at all unreasonable to ask people to create a free email
account if they don't want to reveal their normal one.  Email and IRC is
pretty much how we communicate, and I don't see how somebody posting on
mailing lists/bugzilla could contribute effectively without leaking
their email information in some way.

The other thing is that handling bugzilla access could get extermely
messy with hidden email addresses.

What do you think?
Ricky