Re: Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

Do we have any l10n plans on the horizon for FAS2? Is it even written in such a way as to make l10n feasible?

Do we simply assume that everyone who comes to contribute to Fedora speaks English? Is that an unreasonable assumption?

Its been translated into 5 languages already (it was a requirement for
building fas).  Additionally you can set your locale under my account.

Mother of Pearl, that's incredibly badass.

I just tried it out, and it totally works.  I am incredibly impressed.

So this means that it should be pretty straightforward to offer mentorship even in local languages, so long as there are mentors who speak those languages available to help.

--g