Re: Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

A few thoughts:

1. A lot of CLA signers don't speak/read English (trust me, I know).
Thus, a lot of FAS2 account holders don't. Currently, FAS2 doesn't
require people to list the languages they speak/read. If we want to do
this, we might want to enable that functionality, and respond
appropriately.

Hm.  Yes.  Hm.

Do we have any l10n plans on the horizon for FAS2? Is it even written in such a way as to make l10n feasible?

Do we simply assume that everyone who comes to contribute to Fedora speaks English? Is that an unreasonable assumption?

Its been translated into 5 languages already (it was a requirement for
building fas).  Additionally you can set your locale under my account.

Mother of Pearl, that's incredibly badass.

--g