Re: Draft Proposal: Spin Submission and Approval Process

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Note that it is *not* a theoretical problem. I have long ago proposed a
 updates games spin and I really do want it solved asap.

Okay so was this proposed to releng or to fab and I missed it?

I proposed to board and CC'ed rel eng. If you have missed it, the proposal was simple: I would like to provide an updated games live dvd of Fedora that includes updated versions of existing games and a few new ones. I would like to see the approval process cover async updates of any Fedora spin too.

If you had the approval to use the Trademarks would that be enough to
let you make use of localized spins for your needs?  Or are you stuck
on a technical issue that releng wanted you to solve? Or are you
waiting to hear about hosting space?

Approval to use the trademarks would be enough for me to distribute it piece meal when opportunities show up. I was talking to magazines which were interested in several thousand copies of localized spins but that chance has gone out due to delays in this process. I don't have the ability to host the spins elsewhere so if we want to reach a broader audience, I need hosting space too.

Rahul