Re: [Fwd: Re: Eeedora (Fedora + Eee PC) - hosting question?]

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

In my experience it only works "the other way around" if the hurdles to
give improvements back are dead low -- like the are in wikipedia for
example. And face it, we have high hurdles for new contributers. Without
help from existing and well known long Fedora contributers its likely
totally impossible to get non-upstream drivers into our kernel packages
(and this is actually needed in this case). Thus someone IHO needs to do
a hand holding job here, like Rahul suggested.

No more calls, we have a winner.

I'm sure that The New Boss will be making lots of inroads here.  :)

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager