Re: Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Matt Domsch wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 05:57:10PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:43:54 +0100
Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GPLv2 doesn't say though that once the binary is released originally, the clock starts ticking all over again each time it is redistributed
by a third party that uses 3c. A written offer can easily contain a
time frame consistent with the three years described in the license,
possibly extended to 3 years + a release's lifecycle.
That's your interpretation.  Are you a lawyer?

Without putting words in people's mouths, including a time frame is
consistent with my conversation with Brett Smith of the FSF.

So has it been with some people I've talked to -can't think of their names right now. The overall impression was though, that the counter does not reset itself because of some third party taking you up on the original offer. Hence the thought it might be worthwhile to investigate.

-Jeroen