Re: Live Fedora start page proposal

Donald Fischer wrote:
On 8/28/07, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
also your links to fedora are wrong  they should be fedoraproject.org  not
fedora.redhat.com   minor detail  but fedora.redhat.com is dead.

Whoops, easy enough to fix.

Any Fedora Infrastructure type thing (which this is)  has a few rules.  It
needs to be completely open.  i.e  somebody else needs to be able to deploy
it themselves using whats provided in Fedora.  (* We allow exceptions at
times for things in review)   all components need to be free and open source.
We Just got the whole OS on a free and open platform.  We can not change this
now.   So your JSP stuff had better work with gcj.    the servers need to be
under the control of fedora Infrastructure.  This would be a critical thing
that needs to be open.

I don't forsee any problem having 100% FOSS dependencies.  We can make
sure the results page works with gcj or worst case write it in another
language.  It's pretty trivial code wise.

FWIW, if it could be written in python it would align well with the rest of our applications.

   -Mike