Re: governance, fesco, board, etc.

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:35:22 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Thursday 14 June 2007 08:01:37 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
I have to call BS on this one.
Ask yourself. Is anything about this really working?
Yes, for many things and many cases things are working quite well. There are some rough spots, nobody is saying it's perfect, but to say that it's completely non-functional is just bologna.
Then let me ask directly: How could it happen that this kernel package
was released?

My interpretation of this incident: "system failure".
Whatever this system is - be it automatic, be it human.

IMO, EVR breakages and repo inconsistency are avoidable and would expect
Michael to have scripts for this.

As I don't completely understand that sentence, just to make one thing
clear, I'm not involved in F7 update releases at all.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that criticism and input, which sound
negative, should not be seen as nothing else than complaints. The project
used to be more open to feedback of all sorts. In some parts of the Fedora
Project there's a growing tendency to meet criticism with phrases like
"put up or shut up". Not desirable.

I'm a firm believer that talk is cheap and that we need more workers. For those that aren't familiar with the idiom:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+up+or+shut+up

I don't find Ralf criticisms to be constructive at all. Especially since many are just saying "I don't like it" and don't even attempt to suggest a fix much less actually provide a designed fix much less an actual working patch. Luke has been asking for feedback and testers for a very long time, I wonder how many he got.

   -Mike