Re: cross-site bug tracking

On 4/11/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Switching just to switch is not interesting.  Finding a new ideal workflow,
which should include things like bug / defect management, feature tracking,
distribution status, project management, etc... and building up tools around
that workflow is.

Of course. Not just 'interesting', though. Well more than
'interesting'. It seems obvious to me (from my experience at Novell)
that having such a workflow will be a major competitive advantage for
whatever distro achieves it first and gets buyin to the workflow from
major upstream providers.

[And yes, despite their execution problems, Canonical has a two year
head start on this. That should scare RH Corporate as much or more so
than anything else Canonical is doing.]

Luis