Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

On 1/3/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 03 January 2007 14:04, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> And it would be nice (as I said already). But I'd already be glad if we
> could have the F7TEST3 to F7 way.

Yes, F7T3 to F7 would be nice, but as you said, sometimes we screw up.  And if
we screw up, would you rather we introduce epoch, or roll back the version?
If we come up with a hard and fast rule that T3 must be upgradable to Final,
that has some pretty serious QA implications, and the QA team (I'm looking at
you Will) needs to have a say in that.

T[1-3] and rawhide ain't grandma's Linux, those expecting it not to
break shouldn't be using it.  It would be nice to have more of a
choice though when upgrading from FC5 though.  Our options are FC6 (to
be EOL'd in 6 months) or FC7t2.  I'm sure this has been discussed
before but I'm bringing it up again.

              -Mike