Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 04:45, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Agreed. We always point people to RHEL or CentOS and I think that
> becomes more and more a problem, especially now that Legacy is dead.
>
> A Fedora LTS (two years? maybe the server parts ever three?) now and
> then (every second or third release?) from a new Fedora Legacy (needs a
> different name) would IMHO a nice solution.

My question here is who will do the work?  If you want to feed from RHEL
updates, then you're basically only going to be doing backports, no new
versions.  You're also only going to be fixing bugs that are deemed worthy
through the RHEL process, which usually needs a paid customer reporting the
problem, etc, etc...  They are different beasts and the work still has to be
done to build packages, push them through a QA / update process, take bugs
in, do QA, etc, etc, etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora