Re: State of Fedora (a long email)

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Well, this list is invitation only,
Others do send mails to this list. It is moderated.

Didn't know that. And it seems that fact is not documented in the wiki
or the list's front-page.

There is even a alias setup that people can send mails to. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Contact. I have explicitly added a note now.

And it failed.

I believe it is still only contributors who are signed up there.

So let's admit that and change something
(fedora-maintainers has quite a bad fame now already, so changing its
behaviour will probably not help much).

If contributors flame each other, even a contributors only list like -maintainers is going to be a less pleasant place.

are two different things.

Yes. Fedora-maintainers is all contributors. Not just extras.

I want a general mailing list cleanup of what has grown in the past
years -- get rid of some old cruft here and there. I think the
end-result could be two or three lists less and a better communication
experience for everyone.

More details?

Rahul