Re: looking at our surrent state a bit

Josh Boyer wrote:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Normally they are quiet most of the time. But they raise their voice if
they think that's needed or if it's an area where they are working. That
works quite well.
I read FESCo meeting mins everytime and I dont see many non FESCo members actively participating or commenting in between meetings.

I call BS.  I can think of a few offhand without even trying.  It
doesn't happen every meeting, but it does happen.  Chris Weyl, Jesse
Keating, even me before I became part of FESCo.  We _do_ let non-FESCo
people participate whenever they'd like.

This wasnt about what was allowed but what happens in a regular fashion. People who are willing to participate in the list are much more than those sitting on the same channel at meeting time due to time zone differences, work time conflicts etc and hence list is always going to be better for a broader discussion. Since the board meetings mins are always published, anyone can discuss things after the meeting. I dont see why that wouldnt work.

I don't buy it.  The only time I would think such a private discussion
would be required are if legal matters are being discussed.

Far from true. FESCo private lists wouldnt exist if that's the case.

Rahul