Re: Fedora Project and Hosting

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 20 October 2006 12:59, Warren Togami wrote:
Existing trusted users (who are quite numerous and membership expands at
a good rate) would have free reign without bureaucratic overhead to
create projects and repositories.  They could grant commit access to
others, and be responsible for content in repositories that they own.

I see this as a good balance that both allows flexibility of developers
to do what they want, with an effective amount of risk mitigation.

Absolutely. I don't discount that at all. (although we can't allow them to call it a 'Fedora' project until it goes through the approval method for that...)

Maybe Launchpad was smart in naming itself something separate from Ubuntu. Ubuntu projects (among others) just happen to be hosted there. We could do something similar to this.

However I just want to make aware that for an outside person who wants to start a project for Fedora may have to jump through the hoops of becoming a 'trusted user'.

We need to create more formally defined paths to become a 'trusted user'.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx