Re: final rough draft

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Warren Togami wrote:

Max Spevack wrote:
=========================

3) What's changed?
(Score:5, Interesting)
by KDan You mention that opinions are rooted in the world of 5 years ago. What do you think has changed in the linux world since then, and how does it affect Fedora development?

I am under the impression that this question was more about the "dark age" where we really screwed up our communication and priorities in our relationship with the community with RHLP and Fedora at the beginning. Maybe the timeframe of "5 years" is off, but this is a key misunderstanding out in the community that continues to haunt us no matter what progress we have made since these initial missteps.

My thought is, the response sounds too much like generalized fluff when we should be attacking the question directly of how we've learned from our mistakes in launching a community project, what we've managed to build, and how we continue to improve?

I might be completely off base, I dunno.

Yeah, I was confused by that question also.

But I think the stuff you are talking about, I hit on pretty hard in question 8 or whatever -- the "goals" question.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack