Re: slashdot question -- driver support

Max Spevack wrote:

2) Drivers Vs Linux
(Score:5, Interesting)
by eldavojohn

A lot of people I talk to say they don't like Linux due to lack of driver support. Is there anyway you see this problem being eliminated? How do you court vendors to support their hardware on your flavor of Linux?

This response would warrant some spin cleanup, but how about something along the lines of: - RH has strong established relationships with the major IHVs and we work closely with them for Linux hardware enablement. These vendors recognize the importance of community involvement through Fedora as a means of helping to ensure robust operation. - RH also works with many companies to help coach and mentor them to the merits of open source development. We help guide them through the process of the upstream development model. - The increasing clout of Linux is making hardware vendors increasingly receptive. The battle is not over, but it is an improving trend. For example, AMD's recent announcement that they are considering open sourcing the ATI graphics driver.

Perhaps these are too RHEL-ish, but....