Re: A real communication problem

Paul W. Frields wrote:
Since we're on the subject of communication problems, as well as loading
up on issues for the next meeting, let me point out another large safari
animal camped out in the living room watching the big-screen HDTV.
Observations:

1.  We (Docs) were "promised" (well, maybe not promised, but certainly a
commitment was made) OPL'd versions of Red Hat documentation to seed an
upswing in Fedora Docs work.  Creating this stuff from scratch is damn
difficult work, and this was going to benefit Fedora and Red Hat
equally, since the community can keep it up to date at a more rapid
pace.  Not only have we not received anything, but there's no word on
when it will happen.

2.  Translation/Infrastructure in Red Hat was supposed to provide a
gateway or integration with the translation system (i18n.redhat.com) for
docs stuff.  This would ease the burden on our community translators to
learn different systems, which is a real PITA for those who are already
giving so much of their time.  Again, no word.

3.  The Translation management (same team?) is not responding to our
repeated queries for help getting the release notes into i18n.redhat.com
for this test cycle from now (FC6t2) until FC6 gold, notwithstanding #2
above.  Karsten has posted these requests on f-trans-l and there's
nothing but silence from the other end.

We're also not getting any response on status, and my understanding is
both Karsten and Rahul have pinged people about this stuff several times
without results.  If I've misstated anything here, I hope either or both
of them will step in and correct me.

I have asked again now for a status update on the docs relicensing which was supposed to be given a week or so before. I have no clue about the I18N relates issue and I havent tracked them.

Otherwise, it's time to take this issue to the next level.  Comments?

Max Spevack and Mathew Szulik are the only people at the higher level now. Not good.

Rahul