Re: Building communities.... what *are* we doing?

Michael Schwendt wrote:

Even more funny (to me) is that I've found myself unable to quickly locate
the page you refer to. Browsing the pages multiple times I arrive here:

 http://fedora.redhat.com/Contribute/
 -> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors

With quite some more time spent browsing the (IMO too many pages), I
finally found a reference in the FAQ:

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ
 -> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted

One thing that bugs me when discovering this, is that a project instance
like FESCO has not been involved in this section, which covers
_requirements for Fedora Extras contributors_. Hello
Might as well as fix that now.

IMO, this asks for even more restrictive access to public documentation
pages like this as it could be _this_ page where potential contributors
stop reading, because they believe they are not competent enough.

We do have the possibility to create _links_ between pages. Hence it is
beyond my comprehension why existing pages from Fedora Extras have not
been linked. Surely documentation writers should not take over the
recruiting for Fedora Extras. This is a case of over-ambitious filling
of web pages with superfluous content. Excuse me. Less is more in this
case.
It does link to the Extras and PackagingGuidelines pages.

--
Rahul