Re: [fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

I think that I would like to hear a couple of things from Matthew:

1. His unvarnished opinion on where he thinks that Fedora fits into Red Hat's strategy.

2. His level of commitment in allowing us to drive changes inside of Engineering as require to drive our larger goal of opening up the distribution to a higher level of community involvement.

3. From where he sits where we could improve what we could be doing. Looking for feedback.

All great points. I've heard some of this in my own meetings with him (in which we discuss Fedora and I get his feedback on how I'm doing in my position), but I think it's very important that the Board can hear these things first hand as well, without them coming through me.

I'll be sending him a note later today with a summary of the things that have cropped up on this thread, and also a general discussion of what I'm hoping he'll talk about tomorrow.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/