Re: [fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

- Implement and include an open source DVD player for Fedora Core 6 to
challenge the validity of the DMCA. This could take years, but I doubt
there is a sane minded individual in the Fedora community who thinks
that the DMCA is a well crafted or just law. The only way we can get
unjust laws fixed in this country is through careful civil disobedience.
I would LOVE to see some of our war chest fight this battle, I suspect
the EFF would jump in alongside us to help.

Note that DVD playing also requires using the MPEG patents.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx