Re: Virtinst and blktap

Cole Robinson wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>> Cole Robinson wrote:

>>> That default is actually set in virt-install and virt-manager, but
>>> probably should have been moved into the virtinst library a long time ago.
>>>
>>> - COle
>>>
>> Yeah, I can't keep up very well when stuff doesn't happen there :)
>>
>> Should I make the fix in koan also or do you want to move it?
>>
>> --Michael
>>

> I'll take a look at moving it into the library, but for back compat it
> wouldn't hurt to set the default in koan. The virt-install code is:
>
> http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virtinst--devel/file/5d6dc8af58b5/virt-install#l209

This is now upstream: we will set the 'tap' default if installing a PV
guest:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virtinst--devel/rev/ab66c26436cf

If creating a standalone VirtualDisk instance though, the default won't
be set, since we don't know what type of guest it will be attached to.

- Cole