Re: Win 2008 installs with virt-manager/python-virtinst

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
Cole Robinson wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
I notice that when I try to install Win 2008 Server I get a black
installer error screen about a device being removed, and if I hit
ENTER=Continue, I am thrown back to this screen.    Some Google
references seem to think the CD ROM drive is being removed, which I need
to solve as I'm trying to see if this is doable from a fully automated
installation.

Any ideas?  Is this perhaps fixed in a later libvirt and/or
python-virtinst?

What are the virtinst, libvirt, kvm, fedora versions you are using?

- Cole

python-virtinst-0.400.0-5.fc10.noarch
libvirt-0.5.1-2.fc10.i386
kvm-74-10.fc10.i386
Fedora-10

--Michael

Trying this with rawhide, the initial install step works -- it does not immediately eject the CD-ROM.

The installation does stop the guest and not restart it, however, so you have to manually restart it (and, as we want, the install still has the CD mounted).

Should we consider the need to toggle the VM power state in virt-manager to complete the installation a bug or is that something it did before? I'd be glad
to write this up if it is (installing against Win 2008 Server)

--Michael