Re: Win 2008 installs with virt-manager/python-virtinst

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Cole Robinson wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
I notice that when I try to install Win 2008 Server I get a black
installer error screen about a device being removed, and if I hit
ENTER=Continue, I am thrown back to this screen.    Some Google
references seem to think the CD ROM drive is being removed, which I need
to solve as I'm trying to see if this is doable from a fully automated
installation.

Any ideas?  Is this perhaps fixed in a later libvirt and/or
python-virtinst?

What are the virtinst, libvirt, kvm, fedora versions you are using?

- Cole

python-virtinst-0.400.0-5.fc10.noarch
libvirt-0.5.1-2.fc10.i386
kvm-74-10.fc10.i386
Fedora-10

--Michael

FWIW, I haven't gotten around to checking rawhide for this -- trying to get a Cobbler release out -- expect something Friday or early next week.

I see we can create virtual floppies and such via libvirt so I have pretty much all I need for scripting Windows installs provided we have a way to not get the CD ejected 5 seconds into the install :)

(The merits of scripting Windows installs are still TBD, seeing how little you can actually script in them)

This is different from the F-9 bug where it ejects halfway through the install, this is very early on (this was using 2008 and Vista -- perhaps it might not happen with older installers).

--Michael